Ziplining Cape Town’s number one adventure activity is now open! Current tour departure times are on the hour from 8am to 2pm, and each tour lasts approximately 4 hours.
Cape Town Ziplining
Situated in the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve. The operator has partnered with Cape Nature to take you into a previously inaccessible and pristine part of this amazing World Heritage Site. Only one hour from Cape Town, you are offered a fully guided adventure activity for nature enthusiasts of ages 5 to 75!
Lonely Planet recently listed this tour, located in the Elgin Valley near Grabouw and scaling the rugged Hottentots Holland mountains in the Cape Nature reserve of the same name, as second on the list of the world’s hottest new tourism experiences for 2015. The tour was the only African attraction to make the list! It has been described by Lonely Planet as “vertigo-tinged fun” and “an exciting aerial perspective”.
Cape Town Ziplining Tour Includes:
- Conservation Levy
- All equipment and training
- A return 4x4 experience from through the nature reserve
- Small exclusive groups of 8-9 people
- X2 fully trained Cape Canopy Tour facilitators will accompany you on each tour
- A personalised video (this is available to purchase as an optional extra)
Cape Town Ziplining - What to bring
- WARM CLOTHES - weather in the mountain is unpredictable, please be prepared with something warm just in case.
- Sunblock & Hat
- Rain Jacket on the rainy/drizzly days
- You are welcome to bring a small light backpack
- You are welcome to take your phone or camera (just remember this will be at your own risk)
Cape Town Ziplining - What to Expect
- Arrive at base camp 10-15min early to allow for digital sign-in. There is a snack & merchandise shop, great coffee, and free Wi-Fi available at base camp if you need to stock up on any last-minute supplies before your tour, then onto your safety briefing and gear kit up.
- Once you have all your gear, hop onto the safari-style open-top vehicle to enjoy a 30 min 4x4 trip to the top of the mountain.
- The slides start high in the mountain, over 1,000m above sea level.
- After a short walk in, and another safety briefing on the first platform, get ready to earn your wings and fly platform to platform.
- Once you have completed the 11 slides, 13 platforms, and a suspension bridge you will start the 1km walk out of the gorge, where the vehicle will be waiting to take you back down to base camp.
- Please be sure to arrive at least 10-15min BEFORE your tour time.
- Please allow for sufficient travel time, as your tour will start promptly and we are unable to accommodate guests that arrive after their tour time.
- Once the safety briefing has begun, you will not be allowed to join the group and you will have MISSED your tour. (it is not possible to accommodate refunds or re-schedules for missed tours, please refer to our cancellation policy for more details)
- Our vehicles run on rotation, it is logistically impossible for us to hold vehicles for late arrivals as it has a huge knock-on effect on guests waiting to be picked up in the mountain again.
- If you are coming from Cape Town, please factor in an extra 30-45min on the time indicated by google maps, as the power outages can create a traffic backlog which could impact your travel time. (We do not want you to miss your tour)